Deloitte leads with purpose, solving complex issues for our clients and communities. Across disciplines and across borders, Deloitte Global supports our network of member firms by developing and driving global strategy, programs, and platforms, and creating new solutions and transformational experiences. Our people share a passion for igniting change and a strong service orientation that shapes our organization and those it supports.
A manager is offered the opportunity to join the Global Tax & Legal Learning team in the full-time role of Curriculum Manager for one or more of the Global Tax & Legal service lines.
The right person is offered an excellent opportunity to further develop in a hands on, globally strategic learning and development role, working in a fast paced, rapidly changing, business focused environment. S/he will be given access to working with a number of senior stakeholders in the Tax & Legal function globally. Based in an environment of continuous improvement, the sharing of ideas and knowledge is encouraged and the role will give the individual an opportunity to actively influence the direction of the team.
The Global Tax & Legal Learning team is part of Global Tax & Legal Talent and Learning, and, as such, all members of the team are part of the Global Tax & Legal Office. Although location is flexible, the ability to work in a virtual global environment is essential, as is a willingness to travel on a regular basis, including supporting regional and global courses onsite and attendance at team/other meetings.
The role of Global Tax & Legal Curriculum Manager includes:
- Supporting the Global Tax & Legal Leaders with the strategic direction of the global curriculum for the relevant Tax & Legal service line, working with the Global & Regional Service Line Leaders and the Regional Tax & Legal Learning Leads to ensure that it is aligned to the business strategy of the Tax & Legal practice, and Global Tax & Legal Learning strategic priorities.
- Leadership for global service category/service line competencies and curriculum development, liaising with the Global Tax & Legal Service Line Leader, Regional Service Line Leaders and service line technical experts to develop high quality learning solutions for Tax & Legal professionals in the service line.
- Supporting the Regional Tax & Legal Learning Leads to agree regional and global programs and initiatives for each service line on an annual basis through liaison with key senior stakeholders within the practice and based on understanding the need for the individual learning interventions within the overall curriculum in the region.
- The Global Tax & Legal Curriculum Manager will support Regional Tax & Legal Learning Leads in the delivery of the global curriculum in the region, in accordance with the global strategic objectives of the service line. These stakeholders include the service line leaders and learning leaders for the each region, as well as each Member Firm.
The role includes significant travel to deliver learning programs and from time to time, to meet and build relationships with key stakeholders and obtain buy-in for strategic objectives.
Key contacts/stakeholders: Global Tax & Legal Learning Leaders
Global Tax & Legal Service Category / Line Leader
Regional Learning Leads - Tax & Legal
Global Tax & Legal Learning Curriculum Managers ‑ other SLs & Industry, Professional & Leadership
Learning Operations Team
Role requirements and responsibilities:
Develop and maintain learning programs for one or more Global Tax & Legal service lines. Liaise with all appropriate contacts to communicate service line learning and development information. Manage the client-facing content experts and external consultants in their process of preparing and delivering content for learning interventions.
Manage a team of specialist Deloitte Learning staff involved in preparing and delivering learning events (venue logistics, production of materials, support staff).
Undertake various project assignments for Global Tax & Legal Learning.
Drive and manage the design, development, delivery and evaluation processes for individual interventions within the overall curriculum
- Attend working party meetings/calls for design/maintenance of specific programs & solutions and facilitate review process to ensure materials are designed to fulfil appropriate learning and business related objectives.
- Advise on the design of the program/learning solution from a learning perspective in terms of both adult learning principles, delivery format and operational requirements (costs, location, resourcing etc.).
- Develop business and learning objectives, agendas and other supporting materials as appropriate.
- Review materials created by others to assess whether they meet appropriate objectives and learning standards of excellence.
- Use advanced PowerPoint skills and basic learning technology tools (for example, Brainshark, Skype for Business) to rapidly create virtual or on demand nano-learning.
- Manage the creation of digital learning by third party vendors
- Review evaluation tools and prepare management reports to measure and assess the impact of the learning solution.
Contribute to specific tax & legal or cross functional learning projects
- Contribute to specific learning projects which the team may undertake (recent examples include English Language Learning, Tax Professional of the Future, Learning Design for SME’s, Global Evaluation project).
- Take on specific team related tasks and responsibilities (for example, overseeing quarterly and annual reporting).
Supervise and develop team members
- Supervise learning coordinators in the delivery of logistical and administrative requirements of live classroom, virtual or digital learning programs.
- Coach and support learning coordinators in this role to help them continuously develop their skills and knowledge.
- Give on-going developmental feedback to learning coordinators/other team members on their performance.
- Participate in team development sessions, both virtual and live. Work with other team members as required to design, develop and facilitate team development sessions.
Demonstrate eminence and thought leadership
- Act as a subject matter expert in learning and development; remain up-to-date with current learning trends both within Deloitte and externally
- Attend virtual/other learning programs on learning issues as appropriate and read learning literature to maintain and develop learning technical skills.
- Attend learning, in-house and external, as appropriate, to maintain and develop key professional & leadership skills.
- Actively contributes to the wider Deloitte Learning community to share experience, knowledge and lessons learnt
Additional Experience preferred:
- Experience working with professional practice is preferred, additionally working knowledge of Deloitte Tax & Legal function would be an added benefit.
- Experience working with a global / regional audience including experience delivering programs to cross-country audiences desirable.
- Experience of developing learning using learning technologies such as Brainshark, Articulate etc. is desirable.
Skills and attributes:
- Demonstrable client service focus and a commercial approach to decision taking.
- Ability to effectively and confidently communicate and build rapport across cultures and with the firm‘s most senior levels of management; ability to persuade key stakeholders to take onboard learning initiatives and solutions.
- Ability to develop a wide “virtual” network and draw on relationships to ensure Global Tax & Legal Learning engages in and leverages from existing high quality learning, tools and resources where appropriate.
- A mature, professional approach, including initiative and common sense, proactive and effective at proposing / initiating new ideas and alternatives where appropriate.
- Ability to cope with some level of ambiguity and respond appropriately.
- Strong people management skills ‑ particularly virtual management and delegation within the Global Tax & Legal Learning team and influencing key stakeholders beyond the core team.
- Sufficiently organized to maintain ongoing work whilst away from office environment.
- Able to cope with a pressured and varied workload including effective project/time management skills, multiple project planning and execution.
- Ability to develop interest in Tax & Legal technical curriculum development including willingness to learn basic vocabulary/terms relevant to service line.
- Willingness to travel including willingness to work away from home, as necessary, including weekends.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, citizenship, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local law.
Disclaimer: Nothing in this job description/posting shall constitute an offer or promise of employment. If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com