Job Title: Manager, Learning and Development - Digital
Career Level: Manager
Channel/Function: Talent / Development
Business Alignment: Tax Talent Development
Position Reports to: Development Leader (Design Team)
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
Key Role Description:
Lead the design and development of both formal and informal learning and support the Talent Development digital technology roadmap through solid instructional technology design. Expand methodologies for the analysis and design of OnDemand learning and create supporting templates and guidelines. Develop and execute a curriculum of development experiences through collaboration with the Development Leads, Delivery Managers, business leaders and Subject Matter Specialists (SMS). Support the pilot and delivery of learning and development programs. Build, manage and leverage relationships with Talent and business colleagues.
Unique Business Situation:
This role supports multiple Service Lines within Tax Talent Development and provides Instructional Design, Instructional Technology Design, OnDemand Design, management of SMSs and other individuals and groups (i.e., vendors, specialists, and contractors), ideation and brainstorming of new ideas and strong alignment and support of various strategic priorities.
This role specifically focuses on the creation of innovative new OnDemand learning strategies, applications, integration with learning systems and programs, and delivery through which our practitioners will experience Deloitte learning. The position will require coordination, influence and guidance with, but not limited to, the following groups: Tax Talent Development teams, Core Talent Services, Digital Strategic Priority Team, technology leadership, Service Line leadership, external vendors, program Deans, and program steering committees.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to, acting as a liaison to vendor teams, the program management team and technology leadership. This job may also include the mentoring and management of one or more Instructional Design Specialists at any given time.
Skillsets necessary for success in this role include but are not limited to:
- Leading-edge knowledge of the technology sector, disruptive technology trends and current and trending instructional technologies
- Expertise in Instructional Design strategies and methodologies
- Expertise in analysis, design and development of performance support (OnDemand) including user-generated content
- Ability to connect instructionally sound design to instructional technology and communicate practicality in simple terms
- Experience with Gamification and mobile applications
- Experience with SharePoint
- Proactive project and stakeholder management
- Strong communication skills (Written and Verbal) (e.g. ability to influence, negotiate)
- Sound strategic planning (e.g. communications, long-term roadmaps)
- Effective change management
- Act as a learning and talent development business advisor on effective and leading-edge technology and learning and development strategies to achieve business goals
- Evaluate and recommend development options including buy, build and/or redesign as well as the appropriate delivery mechanism
- Manage the cross service line OnDemand curriculum portfolio
- Conduct needs assessments with client, determine gaps in curriculum/programs, lead design efforts, and ensure quality delivery against the objectives aligned with business needs
- Deliver cutting-edge curricula leveraging various technologies in support of the Deloitte Digital team and the Digital Strategic Priority Team
- Recommend appropriate delivery mechanisms (e.g., classroom, virtual classroom, OnDemand, blended learning) and leading-edge instructional design strategies based on defined learning outcomes
- Ensure national policies, programs and guidelines are followed and manage escalations and exceptions as needed
- Communicate effectively to ensure real-time and close connection to business leaders, organizational priorities and changes
- Demonstrate initiative in gathering feedback and data from practitioners, improving learning and development programs, and constantly moving learning to the next level
- Bachelor’s Degree; Minimum 8 years of related experience
- Demonstrable experience in the design of OnDemand and mobile learning assets
- Strong instructional design and instructional technology skills
- Strong strategic-thinking skills with an ability to collaborate with team members on best practices
- Consultative approach toward internal and business clients
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Sound leadership skills
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.