Temporary Senior Resource Management Specialist
Temporary Senior Resource Management Specialist
Firm Service: Internal Services
Reference Code: E17NATSSPECW562-HRL4
Job Title: Temporary Senior Resource Management Specialist (5 openings)
Channel/Function: Talent/ Core Talent Services (CTS)
Location/Department: Resource Management
Business Alignment: Advisory (2 openings,), Audit (2 openings), Tax (1 opening)
Position Reports to: FSS CTS RM Leader
Assignment Dates: January 2017-July 2017 (Assignments vary from 4-7 months)
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
This is a temporary salaried opportunity for Deloitte alumni to join Deloitte Services LP for a short term assignment. Temporary employees are not eligible for Deloitte’s health benefits, life insurance, PTO or subsidies offered through the Health & Fitness program. They are, however, covered under Deloitte’s Business Travel Accident policy and may participate in Before-Tax Transit benefits.
The CTS Resource Manager is responsible for delivering ongoing resource management support to one or more business units with a focus on representing the “gold standard” in customer experience, operational efficiency, and process excellence. The Resource Manager is aligned to the business by FSS and manages deployment for an assigned population of practitioners by service area, service line, and/or region.
One a day to day basis, the Resource Manager is responsible for executing all staffing processes and completing all ad hoc staffing activities required to optimize deployment for the business. Optimizing deployment requires creativity and critical thinking, as each deployment decision must be made in consideration of the deployment strategy, the needs of the client engagement, and the development of our professionals. The Resource Manager is the only Talent professional who maintains an assigned, one-on-one relationship with our practitioners, and delivering effective career coaching and development in the context of deployment is core to this relationship.
See below for additional details on the specific responsibilities for the role.
• Optimize utilization across the assigned practitioner population by making staffing decisions in support of the deployment strategy for the business or practice area
• Propose assigned practitioners with current or near-term availability to project assignments that align with their skills, professional goals, and/or staffing preferences
• Own and manage resource requests for assigned practice area by validating requirements, searching for candidates, and presenting candidates for consideration
• Support resource management teammates in filling their open resource requests by proposing candidates and responding to requests for information promptly
• Advise projects on how best to navigate and engage in the resource management processes, and make recommendations for improved outcomes
• Utilize all available RM tools and Deloitte resources to identify candidates and develop creative staffing solutions for open resource requests
• Develop and maintain relationships with key practice and industry leaders, and leverage these relationships to maximize deployment opportunities for assigned population
• Resolve staffing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative staffing alternatives and negotiating with projects and practitioners
• Influence project managers and practitioners to accept an alternate staffing outcomes by articulating the value and long-term or “big picture” benefits
• Escalate sensitive or high-risk staffing situations to RM and/or business leadership, as appropriate
• Actively maintain one-on-one relationships with assigned practitioners in order to develop detailed understanding of practitioner goals and preferences, as well as to provide deployment-related career coaching
• Maintain understanding of key resource management metrics and how these metrics impact practice financial performance
• Effectively utilize RM Information Services team to optimize Resource Manager time, maximize productivity, and ensure an exceptional customer experience
• Collaborate with RM Information Services team to confirm practitioner schedule details and collect schedule changes
• Collaborate with RM Information Services team to manage practitioner compliance with schedule confirmation, variance, resume, and skills requirements
• Collaborate with RM Information Services team to provide representative resumes or other resource management-related information in support of sales or proposal activities
• Support ongoing CTS resource management initiatives, as available and needed
RM Tools, RM Data Management, and Other Deloitte Technology
• Maintain high level of proficiency in all resource management tools and relevant Deloitte technology resources
• Maintain detailed knowledge of RM reporting capabilities and leverage shared RM reporting team for the production of all reports
• Collaborate effectively with RM IS team to ensure that schedule and resource request data (GSS, GSS Web, and/or StaffTrak) is current, complete, and accurate at all times
Knowledge of Our Business
• Maintain an understanding of the business, markets, and service offerings within assigned FSS and across Deloitte
• Maintain detailed knowledge of the practitioner skills profiles in the assigned FSS
• Maintain knowledge of other business areas in the firm that are relevant to the skills and experience of assigned practitioner population for the purposes of cross-staffing
• Maintain knowledge of the project pipeline in assigned practice area in order to manage available resources and advise on future supply and demand
• Proactively review staffing data for assigned population and develop meaningful insights on trends, forecast, opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern
• Collaborate with RM leaders and Deployment Advisors to provide practice leaders with resource management insights and recommendations
Collaborate effectively with Business Advisor and other CTS organizations to provide seamless Talent support to the business, including:
• Advisor Organization (Business & Deployment Advisors)
o Actively and promptly share relevant project- and practice-level resource management information and insights with Business and Deployment Advisors, as necessary and appropriate
o Collaborate with the Business and Deployment Advisors to implement deployment-related aspects of various Talent programs
• Recruiting (Acquisition & Mobility)
o Provide input to recruiting order board based on current and expected future demand
o Provide input on potential fit and deployment options for campus and experienced hire candidates, as needed
o Collaborate with recruiting team to provide a smooth onboarding and first deployment experience to our new hires
• Learning & Development
o Maintain knowledge of relevant learning programs for assigned practitioner population
o Recommend appropriate and relevant training to support practitioner and business goals, including cross-training opportunities to increase utilization
• Performance Management
o Communicate with project leadership and counselors on practitioner performance and career goals
o Participate actively in the performance management process by providing relevant input on practitioner participation in the staffing process, compliance with administrative requirements, utilization, and other performance considerations.
o Collaborate with Finance Managers on forecasting and other analysis, as needed
o Provide Finance Managers with all relevant utilization, project, and practitioner information that may impact financial forecasting
• BA or BS undergraduate degree
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.