Temporary Talent Business Advisor
Temporary Talent Business Advisor
Firm Service: Internal Services
Reference Code: E17NATSMGRCW590-HRL5
Job Title: Temporary Manager, Talent Business Advisor
Location: Minneapolis (Preferred) or Omaha, Des Moines, or St. Louis
Primary Client: Central Audit Leaders
Assignment Dates: April 3-November 3 (approximate dates; expected 6-7 month assignment)
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
This is a temporary salaried opportunity for Deloitte alumni to join Deloitte Services LP for a short term assignment. Temporary employees are not eligible for Deloitte’s health benefits, life insurance, PTO or subsidies offered through the Health & Fitness program. They are, however, covered under Deloitte’s Business Travel Accident policy and may participate in Before-Tax Transit benefits.
Under the direction of the Lead Talent Business Advisor and with the support of CoEs and shared services, the Talent Business Advisor is responsible for delivering on key talent priorities within International Tax. The role will work with the business and Talent to deliver Talent solutions focused on business alignment, new hire onboarding, career coaching and development, performance management, job and employee data changes, separation, compensation, mobility, employee relations, employee retention and engagement and career planning.
Illustrative Duties and Responsibilities
1. Partners with the business through participation in business planning, performance and operational reviews, and other business alignment and strategic activities. Consults with business leaders on how Talent can help drive business performance.
2. Maintains a relationship and knowledge of practitioners to more efficiently provide Talent services. Continually assess the strengths and development needs of assigned population (practitioners and the business) to inform recommendations for Talent solutions.
3. Partakes in the execution of annual performance management process for assigned area, ensuring guidelines are followed. This includes advising business leadership on promotion readiness, participation in promotion decisions, conducting targeted talent reviews, and facilitating a national review of RPM and promotion decisions.
4. Supports partnership with the business to identify and communicate: headcount against budget, succession gaps, practice skill-set needs, and/or organization design.
5. Advises clients on employee relations processes and informs of hand-off to Talent Relations and Compliance departments. Regularly, communicates with business leaders and Talent Relations and Compliance on any issues, escalating as appropriate.
6. Serve as a trusted business advisor to Market Circle Leaders and other Partners/leaders
7. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.>
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree, 10+ years of Human Resource Management or related experience
Required Technical Skills:
Strong negotiation and conflict resolutions skills ; Proficient Microsoft Office skills; Track record of flexibility and learning agility; Ability to manage multiple complex projects with a virtual team (clients and team members); Demonstrates creative problem-solving skills; identification and resolution of issues effectively and appropriately; Ability to perform complex data analysis including data metrics affecting utilization; Ability to properly handle confidential information
Professional certification (PHR or SPHR) preferred
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.>
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.