Temporary Talent Business Advisor-Advisory Partner Matters
Temporary Talent Business Advisor-Advisory Partner Matters
Firm Service: Internal Services
Reference Code: E17NATSMGRCW597-HRL5
Job Title: Temporary Manager, Talent Business Advisor
Channel/Function: Business Advisor
Primary Client: Advisory Partner Matters
Assignment Dates: March-September 2017 (approximate 7 month assignment)
Applicants or employees with disabilities must be offered any reasonable accommodations, which are necessary for them to be able to perform the essential functions of a position.
This is a temporary salaried opportunity for Deloitte alumni to join Deloitte Services LP for a short term assignment. Temporary employees are not eligible for Deloitte’s health benefits, life insurance, PTO or subsidies offered through the Health & Fitness program. They are, however, covered under Deloitte’s Business Travel Accident policy and may participate in Before-Tax Transit benefits.
This role includes responsibilities related to the Advisory Partner/Principal/Managing Director (“PPMD”) performance management processes, PPMD admissions/promotions process, PPMD succession planning, PPMD Peering/Level Process, and PMD Transactions and Compliance.
As a manager on the team, the individual will work on the PPMD fiscal year performance management life-cycle. This includes goal-setting, mid-year touchpoint evaluations, year-end ratings, admissions, direct admit onboarding, peering, earnings allocation/compensation, and ongoing data management. Throughout this cycle the individual will:
• Support Advisory leadership in planning and executing the PPMD performance management process
• Assist as required in the management of Deloitte Performance Management ‑ PPMD (“DPM”), Partner Earnings Payment System (“PEPS”), and Admissions Promotions Tool (“APT”)
• Perform analysis and reporting related to PPMD ratings, peering, earnings allocation and compensation
Key Responsibilities ‑ Advisory Partner Matters Manager
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the Advisory business
• Support Advisory leadership in planning and executing the PPMD performance management process by:
o Contributing to process planning activities including the performance management calendar
o Contributing the development of content and materials for presentations to leadership and other key constituents
o Performing analyses that support process reviews and leadership decisions
• Organize, plan and attend meeting events
• Manage and maintain the database used for goal-setting and performance evaluation (DPM- PPMD)
• Manage and maintain the database that houses all of the information regarding demographics, appraisals, peering groups, and units (PEPS system)
• Manage and maintain the database used for admissions and promotions (APT)
• Process PPMD change requests (e.g. Service Area, Market Offering)
• Meet with direct admits to orient them with the PPMD performance management process
• Respond to data requests regarding PPMD information. This includes researching the data request/need for data, obtaining the approval from appropriate constituents, and compiling information that is responsive to the request.
• Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite
o Excel— needs to effectively write and validate formulas and calculations, create tables and graphs, link information, create pivot tables, manage multiple sources of data, and ensure data accuracy
o PowerPoint— effectively communicate in presentation format, create/import tables, graphs, and other objects, and aesthetical formatting
o Word— use in conjunction with Outlook for communicating with the Firm and team
o Tableau expertise needed
o Ability to deal with new tools and technology
• Problem Solving, Research and Analytical Skills ‑ Role requires:
o High degree of focus on details
o Advanced proficiency with interpreting and presenting large sets of data
o Knowledge of Advisory organization and systems
o Ability to respond quickly to urgent requests and provide timely communications to manage expectations
• Project Management Skills
o Ability to own a stream of work
o Experience with tracking and managing deadlines and dependencies
o Ability to manage competing priorities
o Experience coordinating and following up with other teams
• Ability to interface with leadership
• Handle sensitive and highly confidential information with maximum discretion.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Works well under pressure and able to effectively multi-task in a deadline oriented environment
• Professional, service minded attitude and executive demeanor; responsive.
• Proactive and creative thinker who is willing to contribute ideas.
• Ability to exercise good judgment/decision making when necessary.
• Extremely flexible — able to constantly prioritize/reassess multifunctional position.
• Must be able to travel to support offsite meetings as needed (4-6 times per year)
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with an emphasis in human resources and/or the analytical field of study
• 5+ years of related experience, experience in Advisory is a plus>
As used in this posting, “Deloitte” means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.Disclaimer: If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers’ site (jobs2.deloitte.com) or one of our approved job boards we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at jobs2.deloitte.com.